OurWorld has altered its coin fee structure for the Marketplace. Previously the rate was 12% of the asking price of an item. Now, it’s a bit more complex:
- Under 1 million coins, the fee is 8%.
- From 1 million to 5 million the fee increases by 100k per 1 million coins.
- From 5 million to 10 million the fee increases by 120k per 1 million coins.
- Over 10 million, the fee increases 150k per 1 million coins.
What this means to you: If you sell an item for 14 million or less, your marketplace fee will be less than it was previously. If you sell for over 14 million, your marketplace fee will increase. However, the rate never goes above 15%.
Courtesy of Happa, the chart below demonstrates the gradual increase in sales fee percentage. Thanks to Happa for his exquisite math and charting skills!
If you are wondering what sort of percent market fee OurWorld will be taking with the new fee structure, here are some examples:
- 1 million or less – 8%
- 2 million – 9%
- 6 million – 10%
- 10.5 million – 11%
- 14 million – 12%
- 21 million – 13%
- 42 million – 14%
- 999 million (the max coins allowed) – 15%
The fees will also be assessed on coins paid in trades.
Hope you find this information useful. Happy selling!